axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chathura Ekanayake" <cce.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Management Interface
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:46:18 GMT
Hi Soumadeep,

The features provided by the management system is seperated into different
components as much as possible. For example administrating services are done
by a seperate class (ServiceManager) and adminstrating modules are done by
another class (ModuleManager). Interfaces for these different manageable
parts are also provided by seperate classes. As an example web services
interface for adminstrating services is provided by the "AxisServices" web
service and module adminstrating can be accessed by the "AxisModules" web
service.

This seperation holds for management features as well. All statistics
monitoring are done by a seperate set of classes (DynamicStatsManager,
ServiceStats and OperationStats) and the interface is provided by the
"AxisDynamicStats" web service. We can add more management functionality as
new features to existing classes or as completely new classes. Is this kind
of seperation ok?

Beacause of this seperation, we can even pack administration and management
as seperate libraries. I will implement security for all web services
interfaces based on WS-Security. I think this will satisfy the security
concerns over allowing administrating functionality via web services.

I am planing to add following features to the management system:

- JMX based interface.
- Improving the web based management console to act as a JMX client.
- Security for WS interfaces based on WS-Security.
- More statistics monitoring to capture statistics pointed out by you and Steve
Loughran.

Please give your ideas about this and any other things which should go into
management system.

Regards,

Chathura.