axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Williams <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Databinding structuring proposal
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:28:52 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
 style="font-size: smaller; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: -2.4em;"><br>
wrote on
 cite="midf43ea5790603290937l313449e5p690f2ea92dc77df9@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi Kenneth,
See my comments inline
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">would have been more straightforward to use a straight POJO-based
input model into a template lang like velocity or freemarker.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I'm not familiar with the velocity or freemarker template languages
but In any case I guess we'll be introducing another dependancy! Also
if  we special case the templating language, it makes things harder
for the people who would need to tweak the code generator.
  </pre>
As someone who's tweaked the code generator to add support for choice
particles, recursive data types, etc., I'd like to second Ajith's
point.&nbsp; Xsl is a broadly known syntax that works well for the
generation of final Java code.&nbsp; Having the code generator structured as
it is now, creating a POJO representation of the schema, transforming
that into a DOM, and then using xsl to transform the DOM into Java
classes, is clean, easy to understand, and quite flexible.&nbsp; I was able
to read and understand the code, and then extend it with the features
we needed, in about a day while learning axis2.&nbsp; That would likely not
have been possible if a more specialized and unfamiliar templating
language was used.<br>
Chuck<br>