axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] Re: Session Management is done]
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:13:57 GMT
Re-sending with proper prefix.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Session Management is done
Date: 	Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:02:36 -0500
From: 	Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com>
To: 	axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi All,

I finnaly finished session managment phase 1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12330823

This patch containes transport independent session mgt using
WS-Addressing EPR.
The sessionId is completely opaque to the client as long as it is WS-A
spec complient.
(the sessionid is sent in ReplyTO EPR and the client is supposed to echo
it blindly in the TO EPR when contacting the server again as per
Sanjivas explanation)

Session mgt is completly optional and can be deployed without. The rest
of the code should compile minus the session and clustering modules.
(I will email the architecture doc tommorrow which explains how it plugs
into the core)

Currently the sessions want survive a restart or cluster.
Peristance and clustering will be done next.

<NOTE>
  The session handlers and the session management section should be
removed from the client axis2.xml
  I am thiking of adding a switch to just enable and disable session mgt
easily
</NOTE>

Examples (located in the samples module)
-----------------
ATM example
sample.session.atm.*

Echo example
sample.session.echo.*

Interfaces
--------------
All interfaces are located in the core module
Main interfaces useful for users
org.apache.axis2.session.Session
org.apache.axis2.session.SessionManager
org.apache.axis2.session.SessionIdFactory

There is a Null impl for these interfaces within core

Implementation
All implementation specific classes are located in the session module

Clustering impl
Clustering impl is located within the clustering module
(only empty classes so far)