axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Performance
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:54:07 GMT
Hi Dennis!

> I've got a test with Axiom which I'll be adding to Jira later today. If
> you don't expand the tree Axiom does well (naturally), but if you do
> it's slower and bulkier than any standard document models. The output is
> surprisingly slow, too - I'm not sure if this is because of the use of
> XMLStreamWriter or because of Axiom's way of interfacing to
> XMLStreamWriter.

Looking forward to that.  I don't think that it's acceptable that Axiom
in fully expanded form is bigger/bulkier than DOM or JDOM in fully
expanded form.  We should try to work on that.  Ditto for slow output
speeds.  Once we have a solid test base, we can experiment with
tightening up the implementation in various ways....

--Glen