axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Franz Fehringer <...@isogmbh.de>
Subject [Axis2] [Fwd: Re: Maven experts! Maven1.x vs Maven2.x]
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:49:58 GMT

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: Maven experts! Maven1.x vs Maven2.x
Datum: 	Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:45:12 +0100
Von: 	Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com>
Antwort an: 	Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
An: 	Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Referenzen:
<AA64743FDA51134EBC94A5FFF73E822D04C87A18@m-s-app69.muc.fja.de>
<4423AA55.7060704@isogmbh.de> <4423AF83.4010606@isogmbh.de>

We're always working on it.
A lot of plugins are already released [1] but we have also some annoying
bugs to fix in the core before to release the beta 3.
After that we'll publish some RC and the final release for maven 1.1
The only problem is that we are only 3 to maintain it and there's a lot of
work !!

For the choice between maven 1 and maven 2, I would recommend to use maven 2
if it suits your needs.
It misses some plugins [2] essentially for the reporting comparating with
m1. But it's just a question of time...

Arnaud

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+1.1+plugins
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Plugin+Matrix