axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Management Interface
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:24:34 GMT
Soumadeep wrote:
> Hi Ruchith,
>
> :) it's not a question of binding anyone to anything, everyone is free to do
> what they want but as an individual one needs to be committed to a cause, in
> this case help the community to get the best possible output within a
> timeframe,  it's self discipline . My concern is that this should not be the
> attitude :(

Everyone's participation is voluntary; everyone has their own wants and
needs. There is no guarantee of any commitment whatsoever.

Chathura is doing management stuff, because he sees a personal want or
need for it. Me, I'm adding better debugging because my classes aren't
only after I have other deliverable os out the way. And If I can't track
down classloader issues in a timely manner, I may switch to a different
SOAP stack entirely.

Realistically, to get what you want, on the timescale you want, the best
action is to do it yourself and contribute the work. Complaining on the
mail list doesn't achieve that goal. Putting time pressure on people
doesnt work if they opt not to care about your short term needs.

-steve