axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2]How module versioning works
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 17:16:46 GMT
Hi Srinath,

Seems you are bit relax these days to help us with Axis2 ;-)

Srinath Perera wrote:

>Hi All;
>
>How does the Module visioning works? How should I name my modules and
>how should I engage them?

You can name modules as myModuleName-x.x.x.mar, where all x are numbers.
But SNAPSHOT is considered special case, so you can name your module as
myModule-x.x.x-SNAPHOT.mar.

How you engage module is,

ServiceClient.engageModule(new QName("myModuleName")); // this will
pickup the default or the latest module deployed, or
ServiceClient.engageModule(new QName("myModuleName-x.x.x"))

>(recent commit suddenly break my module
>people who do not use them.

It is transparent to the users.

>I am sure  there must be a mailing list discussion on the module
>versioning and rationale for it's need? I can not find it in the list.
>can some one point me to it.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113011143509962&w=2

-- Chinthaka