axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Deepal Jayasinghe (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Assigned: (AXIS2-455) Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:11:42 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455?page=all ]

Deepal Jayasinghe reassigned AXIS2-455:
---------------------------------------

    Assign To: Ajith Harshana Ranabahu

yes , I agree that we need to interop with others :) 

Ajith I think this is a codegen issue , can u pls take a look at that.

> Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: AXIS2-455
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455
>      Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>         Type: Bug
>     Versions: 0.94
>  Environment: Suse Linux 9.3 Server, Tomcat 5.0, Axis2 0.94
> Windows XP with Vistual studio .NET 2003 client
>     Reporter: Justin Schoeman
>     Assignee: Ajith Harshana Ranabahu
>     Priority: Blocker

>
> I have been getting the following error message connecting C# clients to an Axis2 service:
> There is an error in XML document (1, 877). ---> System.InvalidOperationException:
The specified type is abstract: name='DeviceID', namespace='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema',
at <clientID xmlns='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema'>
> Following a discussion on the Axis2 user list (titled "Consuming Axis2 webservice with
c# client?", starting on 17/02/06), it was discovered that this was due to an incorrect namespace
in the Axis2 message.
> The following is the description of the problem that Simon Fell responded with:
> "xml schema type attribute is serialized with wrong namespace (should be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance,
is currently not namespace qualified)"
> As a test, I recorded the XML response, and editted it so that:
> <clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
> became:
> <clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" xsi:type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
> (I did this for every occurence of the 'type' attribute.)
> The C# client successfully received the response (but the Axis2 client did not).
> For testing, the wsdl and xsd files are available from:
> http://nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/docs/Specification/November2005/XMLVend20.asp
> If someone could give me a vague idea where to look in the source, I would like to get
a quick-fix going to get our system running.
> Thanks,
> Justin

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message