axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Data binding attachments support (was: CHAT LOG : 2006-03-29)
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:49:31 GMT
On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 15:35 +0600, Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> <quote Glen>
> What we want is a "thingy" which can be stored away and LATER used to
> get the real attachment data after all XML pulling is done
> </quote>
>
> IMHO we are doing the exactly the same thing using OMTexts.. Currently
> we are doing this with more flexibility and of course with a catch..
> Flexibility is given by allowing the users to get the real attachment
> data if they wish while pulling the XML.. Catch is that we are
> buffering the SOAP Envelope in the MIME Parser which is underneath the
> StaxReader...

Thilina, I don't see this as a catch - isn't it impossible to get to any
attachments without buffering the SOAP envelope? Or are you thinking
about reading the SOAP envelope and buffering it IFF someone actually
refers to an attachment?

While that's interesting in theory, whoever sent the attachment more
often than not expected the other end to read the darn thing. I don't
see the point of that potential optimization. Maybe I'm missing
something.

Sanjiva.