axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] A question about asynchronous services and message queue
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:40:19 GMT
On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:59 -0600, Dong Liu wrote:
> Maybe I should clarify my point here:
>
>      1. A service can support asynchronous communication with a
>         message queue stands before it, no matter whether or not this
>         service is able to support asynchronous messaging by nature.
>      2. It is hard for an asynchronous service to handle long-run
>         service requests without the support of a message queue and
>         more important a persistence layer.
> I am not sure if they are correct. Any comments?

It seems to me that you're looking for WS-Reliable Messaging like
features. Have you looked at Sandesha2? That will give behavior you're
looking for.

I think the core Axis2 platform should continue to have a simple,
lightweight async model based purely on threads to cover simple
patterns. If you really need reliable, long running async behavior then
its time to use WS-RM.

Sanjiva.