axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2]UnsupportedOperationException on InOut MEP????
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:03:53 GMT
On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 20:02 -0500, Srinath Perera wrote:
> On the other hand now the WSDL should be interpreted knowing it is
> parsed at the server side or client side and interchange the MEP name
> if it is at the client. We are adding another set of if() with new
> model.  .. yes we should choosing less evil one

Yes you have to do it somewhere .. with the current model the if() is
done at the point of constructing an AxisService object from the WSDL:
if its the server side then an in-out in WSDL becomes and In-Out MEP
operation and if its a client we create an Out-In MEP operation to
represent the fact that from the point of view of the client, the
operation is an Out-In.

> > Code sharing :(. Maybe that should be refactored to some util stuff.
> Usually if we have a extension hierarchy which is not true in the real
> world (e.g. InOutMepClient is in no way a generalization of the
> OutInMepClient).. that means something is wrong. We should move it to
> a Util .. as it mislead developer

+1.

> > > What is going on? Either I am not seeing something obvious something
> > > terribly wrong? Please let me know what I am suppose to do?
> >
> > The problem is that there's a bug in the new ServiceClient (WSDL) code;
> > its building the wrong kind of AxisOperation objects. Someone else
> > (Fernando?) reported that bug too yesterday IIRC. I believe he created a
> > JIRA.
> At least I understood the argument for the change?  (Even though I am
> not convinced yet.. this is a too big  change  ... thinking :) ) I
> think code that build a service from WSDL need a to have a parameter
> passed in called isServerSide. I will fix it ( I can not continue my
> work without fixing it).

I'd prefer to have two separate methods:

class AxisService {
static createServiceFromWSDL (WSDL)
static createClientFromWSDL (WSDL)
}

(I'm posting a comment on the parallel JIRA discussion.)

> Thanks very much for the explanation :), Please do a big announcement
> when this kind of thing is done (was it there? I missed it if it was).
> I was taken completely off guard

Sorry! There were various announcements but maybe it wasn't big enough!

Sanjiva.