axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [Axis2]UnsupportedOperationException on InOut MEP????
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:21:17 GMT
On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 13:04 -0500, Srinath Perera wrote:
> Team;
> Have we flipped the MEP in the client side? Is it the case that at the

Yes ..

> client side normal In-Out is called Out-In? (Which is against notions
> of WSDL2.0 AFAIK)

No ..

> That means one can not use the Service build from the WSDL in the
> client side as operations says wrong MEP. Do we need to do a different
> WSDL parsing and building AxisOperation for Server and client side?

Yes; the MEP *always* represents the actual direction of message flow.
That simplifies a lot of stuff and does not force you to keep saying "if
client out means in and in means out" .. now out always means out and in
always means in.

> Why Out-In AxisOperation extends InOutAxisOperation .. which not at
> all make sense to me?

Code sharing :(. Maybe that should be refactored to some util stuff.

> What is going on? Either I am not seeing something obvious something
> terribly wrong? Please let me know what I am suppose to do?

The problem is that there's a bug in the new ServiceClient (WSDL) code;
its building the wrong kind of AxisOperation objects. Someone else
(Fernando?) reported that bug too yesterday IIRC. I believe he created a

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps!

View raw message