axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <>
Subject [Axis2][RFC]Axis2 and static variables/System properties
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:36:58 GMT
Hi All;

This occurred to me when I working on a application that uses Axis2.
The application do a another Web Service invocation from the Handlers
(To get the capability tokens). I need the main invocation, and the
invocation from the Handler to use different Axis2 repositories.

If we set a system property to pinpoint a repository, both will be
loaded with same repository. Only way to fix it is to redefine the
system properties before each invocation .. which lead to horrible

I think most of the future scenarios for Axis2 will involve this kind
of scenarios where different configurations are used for different
invocations. If we are heading to support them .. I think it is better
to stay away from static things like static variables and System
Properties ..etc

We have argued on this point before .. But I thought it is better to
discuss it clearly so we all are clear on our policy. Hopefully this
mail will lead to a conclusive discussion .. (Either we agree on a
policy that static things not used or I get convinced other wise ( or
learn not to try to press this over and over again ;) ) )

Srinath Perera:

View raw message