axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] VOTE: Trebor Iksrazal for committer
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:29:48 GMT
Hi Robert;

I believe as far as the mailing list is concerned it is ok to use the
Alias, But I think you should  use real name in the paperwork ( e.g.
CLA) you need to do and for future paper work. May be Dims wants to
say more on this

As you might already know we name some one as a commiter based on two
things, first his contribution to the code and second his value as a
contributor, team member, and part of a community to the project and
to the ASF.

Your nomination and the votes suggest they acknowledge your
contribution and belief you will be great addition to the team.
Congratulation and Welcome abroad!!

Please feel free to dig in to the project and fix things, If it is
significant change it is best to discuss in the mailing list, but if
nobody respond .. go ahead. I am saying this sometime I feel our new
commiters left out of action because they felt it is not proper to
jump in (I too have felt same .. in number of projects, when I first
jump in).    But thing is here there are no managers and if you like
to do something you should grab it and do it, Just mention it in the
list so other knows.

All the best
Thanks
Srinath