axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Things I can work on
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:24:19 GMT
Hi all,
Yep, There are a number of things you can work on and since my name is
mentioned with respect to code generation, here are some tips about
the things to be done.

- I18n - some parts of the code has been i18ned but there's a lot of
stuff to be done. Our mechanism is a resource bundle per maven module,
and you'll probably need a messages class (have a look at ) per module
since the message classes are written bound to a specific resource
bundle.

 - ADB  was meant to be simple but it turned out to be a moving
horizon problem :). We need to handle the following cases (which will
bring ADB near to XMLBeans :))
    * correct handling of simple content
    * correct handling of simple type restrictions/extensions (we
partialy handle this by picking the base type )
    * complextype restrictions (we handle extensions)

- C# support - we have done some of the preliminary C# support (IKVM
based) and it was meant to be a "proof of concept". It can easily be
made into a working solution. If we do have enough time we can
actually think of other cool stuff like generating Javascript :)

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu