axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Question about Axis 2 SAAJ implementation
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:37:50 GMT

>>  The SOAPBody.getFirstChild() method is invoked.  The getFirstChild()
method
>> implementation should look
>>  something like this.
>>
>>  getSOAPBody() {
>>     // Get the object representing the first child from the delegate
>>     doomNode = delegate.getFirstChild();
>>
>>     // If the doom node already has an SAAJ view, then use it.
>>     // Otherwise create one
>>     org.w3c.saaj.Node node =
>> getOrCreateSAAJNodeFromDOOMNode(doomNode);
>>
>>     return node;
>>  }

>So you are suggesting that we should cache the SAAJ Nodes? May be we
>can maintain a Map between SAAJ Nodes and DOOM nodes, any thoughts on
>this?

I am suggesting that an SAAJ node is lightweight delegates to a DOOM node
(which is very similar to the current design).  I am also suggesting that
the DOOM node have a back pointer to its corresponding SAAJ node (this is
missing in the current design).

Rich Scheuerle
Senior Developer
IBM WebSphere Web Services Engine & Tooling
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)