axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chathura Ekanayake <cce.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Things I can work on
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:57:04 GMT
On 2/15/06, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi Deepak,
>
> Deepak Bhole wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking of starting to work on some of the bigger issues/features
> in axis. I see a list of TODO's on the main page:
>
> - JAX-RPC 1.1 and/or JAX-WS compliance
>

> I think Azeez started on this.
>
> - SOAP Encoding
>

> No one has started on this. Someone was talking about this for sometime,
> but I didn;t see *any *activity on this so far. So this is still
> available.
>
> - Binary serialization and de-serialization support
>

> Let me explain this a bit. Basically we wanna integrate something like
> Fast-Infoset or DFDL so that OM can read and write binary data. Its not the
> attachments we are talking about here.
> For example, one can send the complete message binary serialized over the
> network, but AXIOM should be able to read it in and perhaps feed in to
> Axis2.
>
> Please see
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/Tasks/BinarySerialization for
> more information.
>
> - Management Interface for Axis2
>

> There was a Googgle SoC project on this, but it has not been integrated by
> that student in to Axis2 completely so far. So I *personally *do not like
> to mark it as complete.

I am busy working on the management interface. I have implemented a web
services based interface to expose the management functionalities as well.
And a servlet web application to manage remote engines by connecting to them
using the remote URL. I exposed the management interface as webservices
instead of using JMX as JMX failed in the integration. But the code can be
easily converted to use JMX as core modules are not affected by the method
used to expose them. I will send the code as soon as possible (within three
days:).

 - Implementation of other Transports.