axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ruchith Fernando <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] maven eclipse
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:22:55 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Following steps are from my experience in setting up axis2 with eclipse.

- Get a checkout of Axis2
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java) into
'axis2' directory in your eclipse workspace. Run the maven build on
this source.

- Start a new Java project in Eclipse and set the project name as
'axis2' and now with the default settings in eclipse it will
automatically pick up the existing project contents (dirs etc).

- Now in the next step (of the new java project wizard) you can select
the source directories that you want to mount. You can browse the
directories and select all 'src' and 'test' directories in each maven
module (axis2/java/modules/*). In the case of teh security module
there's an additional source directory 'interop'

- At the same step you can use the "Libraries" tab to add the jars
that all modules depends on. Note that you will have to add all
dependant jars required by the modules that you added as source.

- There are two places in axis2 where there's code that doesn't
compile. The missing classes are codegen'ed during the maven build.
	- security module - 'interop' source dir - You can collect the
codegen'ed source from
/axis2/java/modules/security/target/interop/work/src or you can
codegen (XmlBeans) them with the ping.wsdl in the
'axis2/java/modules/security/interop' dir and add them to your source
in 'axis2/java/modules/security/interop' (Make sure you don't check in
these classes when committing)
	- integration module - 'test' source dir - You can exclude the
'samples' package from the source path.

- That's it!!! now you have successfully set up axis2 in eclipse :-)

If you still get compilation failures:
- Please check whether you have imported all dependant
- Please check whether you have set up the codegen'ed stuff properly.

HTH

Thanks,
Ruchith