axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd:[Axis2] WSRF Implementation]
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:27:15 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> AFAIK no one has so far signed up to doing a WSRF impl over Axis2. If
> you're willing to do it that's very cool!
>
> When you're ready we can create a new maven module for that code or if
> its more appropriate you can talk to Muse folks and ask them what their
> plans are. To be honest, I haven't looked at Muse at all so have no idea
> how easy/hard it'll be to port to Axis2 vs. writing one from scratch.

I have hints of a WSRF app on the smartfrog repo, but its all LGPL so
you can't use it.

What you could do is look at the architecture which has the following
features
  -uses URIs to index things, not the fancy (and unstable, less
interoperable) WS-A reference props/params
  -doesnt have a simple resource -> object binding. Instead each
endpoint gets to provide its own mapping code, which is useful for a
high availability solution where state can be stored in a db,
tuple-space or whatever.
  -does not use xmlbeans, but works at the Axiom level. Keeps it
lightweight.

The thing to remember is that although you could export object instances
as WSRF endpoints, you shouldn't. distributed object applications have
known failures, which we don't want to reimplement.

Not looked at muse; don't know its current state.

=steve