axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Transport independent Session Mgt [Proposal] Now in Wiki for comments
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:19:25 GMT
Hi Deepal;
> I agree with you that we need to introduce new context to store session
> information , currently we have class called session context and which use
> for managing transport session for example , in HTTP case if user send
> cookie back axis2 will find the correct session context and that session
> context may contains multiple ServiceGroupContext init. So that if services
> author want he can manage transport session nice way across multiple service
> group as well.
We should match both HTTP and SOAP sessions to a one SOAP session,
AFAIK Axis does it

> But in SOAP session scope and application session scope we have no way to
> manage session across multiple service group , so my idea is to use above
> SessionContext to mange each level of session scope and send the session id
> wsa headers , so if some one want to manage session then its upto the user
> to send those reference parameter back , then he will get full support of
> session.
I think we should use WS-Context or something, I think ppl are
converging on that idea.

WS-Addressing can not provide a complete solution, it can provide a
partial sessions.  To support session there should be a header that
both side agrees on

> and really I don't like to get ride of service context and service group
> context , since that has two thing
>   1. Consistent description and context hierarchy
It is a illusion, I know it is nice to have it architecturally .. but
in real world it do not exists, we are making it up. ( we have been
eliminating things that do not have real use cases all the way
down,.... but in this case we are adding huge potion to the
architecture based on weak use cases ...I argue it is YAGNI .. Had
sessions map in to the undefined XServiceContexts I would have agree
.. now it do not

>   2. Share data across multiple operations across a service or share data
> across multiple services in a service group
To do that share them via the AxisService or ServiceGroup, no need to
have context. You need a context IFF you need a scope that is 1:M with
Service or ServiceGroup

Thanks
Srinath