axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [VOTE] Axis2 Packaging Proposal
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:57:04 GMT
+1 for the proposal

1) in the binary distribution shall we have the security and RM
modules included. that way we have the complete WS-Stack re lase. (Or
may be we can have a separate dist for that).

2) I believe we should consider XML Beans or JAXB as our principal
data binding option. It is usual belief JAXB is faster.May be we
should try it too. At least to me data binding is already solved
problems and do not  worth additional effort.
I think best way to go is provide simple schema support with ADB and
ask users to go for JAXB/XMLBeans if they want to handle schema that
do not fell in the ADB capablity. If we keep trying add better and
better schema support to ADB we might end up creating a mess out of
ADB. AFAIK experience with Axis 1.x show maintaining a ADB is a major
hassle.

+1 not include ADB in minimal ..or add it as separate jar.

Thanks
Srinath