axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Transport independent Session Mgt [Proposal] Now in Wiki for comments
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:05:44 GMT
Srinath,

Thanks a lot for posting the links to those articles.

I agree that WS-Context maybe more sesion oriented and we currently support
only WS-Addressing.
So supporting WS-Context could be done in the future if thats the way to go.
Unfortunately there is no standard and the direction to take is a difficult
decesion when it comes to session with web services.

However Srinath thats more protocol level and this proposal deals at the
Axis2 layer.
So in short wether we use WS-Context or WS-Addressing we still has to make
sure we bridge the gap between service group contexts if we need a session
to continue over multiple Service Groups.

Part of the Axis2 objectives is to hide the complexicity of the protocol
layer and provide only a higer-level abstraction to the service author so
that he can concentrate on the business logic.

So I still belive a proper abstraction of a session & management should be
provided thats also indepedent of the protocol layer.

Actually it will be part of the dispatcher or something like that to pick up
the session id from the handlers or what ever and retrive the session for
that client.
So maybe we have different handler that picks up the session id from the
soap header in WS-Addressing or is it's WS-Context it will be from the
context header where session id is provided explicitly.

Did I answer your concern ?? Also check the other thread on session mgt for
the answer to your question about multiple services.

Regards,

Rajith