axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Transport independent Session Mgt [Proposal]
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:21:10 GMT
Eran and Chamikara,

I located the example and had a looked at it. Good example indeed and so far
has given me most understanding about situation.

*You are adding a key/value pair to the SrvGrpCtx as you would put in a
session object for ex HttpSession*
**
*msgContext.getServiceGroupContext().setProperty(
Constants.CALCULATOR_PREVIOUS_KEY,Integer.toString(result));

next you retrive it a different method within the same service or different
service like u would do from a session object.*
**
*String previousStr = (String) sgc.getProperty(
Constants.CALCULATOR_PREVIOUS_KEY);*

Ok, so you treat SrvGrpCtx as the session object to pass key/value pairs
across multiple invocations within a ServiceGroup.

The following 3 big questions will figure out whether we need to look beyond
ServiceGroupContexts for session mgt or not?

1. Now is this is limited to Services within a ServiceGroup, isnt it? for
example if we have to access a service outside of this ServiceGroupContext
the notion of a session will fail, am I correct?

2. How is this ServiceGroupContext lifecycle managed with respect to scope??
If session scope will it be removed from the ConfigurationCtx after a
session is ended  (removed by the client for ex. logout service ) OR timed
out (removed without the involement of any service, but by the
SessionManager as a housekeeping function)?

3. Is there a possibility of  cross-contamination within the
ServiceGroupContext across two simultaneous client sessions?

Regards,

Rajith.