axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] A persistence module for Axis2
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:38:17 GMT
Hi Paul,
May be I'm wrong but what I had in mind as a persistent layer for Axis2 is a
generic mechanism that allows to do all these things that you mentioned. It
can be used to persist either the Axis2 contexts or the WSRF sessions. It
may implement a database underneath or be just a file storage.
We tried to do something like this before but it was not detailed enough to
be used by Sandesha.

Ajith

> Folks
>
> Can we be clear about what we mean by a persistence layer for Axis2??
>
> I can think of at least two things that means:
>
> 1)  A persistent state for the Axis2 contexts
> 2) An implementation of a Data service backed by a database
> 3) An implementation of WSRF or persistent sessions.
>
> Which is it you are planning Don?
>
> Paul
>
> On 1/4/06, Jaliya Ekanayake < jnekanayake@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi Don,
> >

> > It would be very nice if we can have generic persistency layer for axis2
> > so that other modules can utilize it.
> > However IMHO if we try to persist a message once the entire content
> > hierarchy is completed then we may end up with lot of unnecessary work. What
> > I also feel is if we can save the messages as an when they are arrive then
> > we only need to save the SOAP content and the transport specific properties.
> > We used this approach when we develop the initial version of Sandesha.
> > However when we have the security in place we should let the security to run
> > first and then we can save the messages after that.In this case we may
> > need to save  some security related properties as well.
> >
> > I would also like to give some help as well.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jaliya

Ajith Ranabahu