axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Internationalizing the code !
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 03:26:39 GMT
 Hi all,
I'm planning to internationalize the codegenerator (and rest of the
databinding stuff including ADB) soon. However I do not feel that the
particulat I18n resource files should go into the common module. Rather I
feel that it would be appropriate for each module to have it's own resource
bundle , at least for the  I18n issue.
Here are some reasons why I think it should be so
1. Ease of finding the relevant entry. It would be confusing to browse a
list of 1000 entries rather than a list of 100 entries :)
2. Due to the modularity it will be easier for users who wish to utilize
only the components, not the whole system. Say there could be users who wish
to use only ADB, with the I18n support and it is not fair to ask them to
download a hugh resource file which is 90% junk as far as their requirement
is concerned!

I do see that we may not have the reusability advantage. But this seems to
be better in the long term rather than having a single file that contains
all the entries!

Thoughts anyone ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu