axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Fwd: Axis2 and JSR 181
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:36:37 GMT
Srinivas--

  Believe it or not (and I don't think it's widely known!), Apache
Beehive is currently implementing JSR-181 in our WSM sub-project.

  It currently a general framework for processing JSR-181 annotations
that could be easily adapted to wire-up Axis2 web services.  Today,
Beehive WSM supports Axis 1.x at both build time and runtime by
processing annotations, generating an XML descriptor of the metadata
(about to submit that to SVN), and wiring up an Axis SOAPService
object that represents the annotated web service.

  I'd be happy to provide more information -- a little more detail is
available on the (growing) WSM wiki here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/Web_Services

The near term goal is to ship a WSM 1.0 that has passed the JSR-181
TCK and then start adding additional features like:

- supporting web service runtime specific annotations for type
mapping, message buffering, configuration, etc
- generating JAX-RPC source artifacts
- drop-in deployment
- Axis2 support
- etc.

  For the folks working on the jaxws module, any chance that you'd be
interested in reusing the annotation processing infrastructure that
we've built?

  Also would be great to have some Axis community feedback on what we
have currently built and any input / patches to take it forward.  :)
If needed, I'd be happy to cut a milestone release and add it to Maven
to make it easier to get started building annotated web services.

  Thoughts / comments welcome.

Eddie

On 1/4/06, Srinath Perera <hemapani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our guys have started JAX-WS .. (see jaxws module) I have not follow it colsely. But
someone from the team will answer you.
>  Thanks
>  Srinath
>

> On 1/4/06, srinivas <srinivas@agreeya.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hello Srinath:
> >

> > Please let me know, if the Axis2 is the implementation of JSR 181 specs,
> >

> > Srinivas Suda
> >

> > Agree Ya  Solutions LLC   | Direct:  (916) 355 1247  |  Cell: (916) 612 7379  |
 srinivas@agreeya.com

> > 90 Blue Ravine Road, Suite 155  |  Folsom, CA 95630  |  Fax: (916) 294-0033  |
www.agreeya.com

> > 5th Fastest Growing Firm ....  Sacramento Business Journal 2004
> >

> > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this message and any attachment may
be proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work product doctrine and thus
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof.
Thank you.

> >  DISCLAIMER: This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may
be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. AgreeYa
Solutions will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within AgreeYa or outside. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of
this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible
to change and AgreeYa shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
We respect your on-line privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. Under Bill 1618 Title III
passed by the 105th US Congress this mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include
contact information and a method to be removed from our mailing list. If you have received
this message by mistake or are not interested in receiving our e-mails, please reply with
a "REMOVE" in the subject line and delete this message from your system. We are sorry for
the inconvenience caused to you.