axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Parikh,Pratik" <Pratik.Par...@cerner.com>
Subject RE: GCJ
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:10:57 GMT

Hi Dims,

   I have done some stuff around it for another open source project. So yes I do have some
exps around it.

Thanks,
Parikh, Pratik | Software Engineer | Cerner Corporation | (1)-816-201-1298 | pratik.parikh@cerner.com
| www.cerner.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:44 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: TEIXOEIRA@terra.es
Subject: Re: GCJ

Pratik,

Thanks for your feedback. Have u tried it? Do you have any experience with it? We are in touch
with Kaffe/Classpath/gcj/gcjx folks but we have not tried Axis2 with gcj yet. AFAICT there
will be no code changes needed to run Axis2 on either Kaffe or GCJ. So you don't have to worry
about it.

thanks,
dims

On 1/11/06, Parikh,Pratik <Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>    I do agree with "I wouldn't recommend it without some fairly thorough testing, but
the technology there is maturing quite rapidly". And that is one of the reason I don't recommend
GCJ being used. I don't want you guys to write bunch of code around it and then have problem
porting it to java 5.

> Thanks,
> Parikh, Pratik | Software Engineer | Cerner Corporation |
> (1)-816-201-1298 | pratik.parikh@cerner.com | www.cerner.com

easy). It worked over Sun's stuf but when it came to compile it with GCJ I started to find
problems regarding the javax.activation package, which isn't included in gcjlib/classpath
project and, also, refers to awt (incomplete in gcjlib/classpath).
> Ok, I'm new to axis but, what's the point in using Sun's javax.activation??
> Dims, as I'm new to axis (and web services) I don't think I can help much with this issue
although I may give it a try.

> Thanks!

> ----Mensaje original----<br>
> De: jsight@gmail.com<br>
> Recibido: 10/01/2006 21:10<br>
> Para: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org><br>
> Asunto: Re:
> GCJ<br>
> I don't know about GCJ and the server functionality specifically, but the client code
works nicely with GNU Classpath 0.19 (tested under IKVM).&nbsp; I would suspect that most
of Axis would work nicely as well.<br><br>I wouldn't recommend it without some
fairly thorough testing, but the technology there is maturing quite rapidly.
> >class="gmail_quote">On 1/10/06, <b
> >class="gmail_sendername">Parikh,Pratik</b>
> <<a href="mailto:Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com">
> Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com</a>> wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left:
> 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>Hi
Dims,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; I would not recommend using gcj? Since there
is no support for it, and it is not perfect!
> Corporation |
> (1)-816-201-1298 | <a href="mailto:pratik.parikh@cerner.com">pratik.parikh@cerner.com</a>
> com</a><br>
> [mailto:<a href="mailto:davanum@gmail.com">davanum@gmail.com</a>]
> href="mailto:axis-dev@ws.apache.org">axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> </a>; <a href="mailto:
> TEIXOEIRA@terra.es">TEIXOEIRA@terra.es</a><br>Subject: Re:
> href="mailto:TEIXOEIRA@terra.es">TEIXOEIRA@terra.es
> </a> <<a href="mailto:TEIXOEIRA@terra.es"
Are there any
> >initiatives to port axis to gcjlib? Did someone manage<br>> to
> compile axis with gcj? And, if so, where can I find these libs?
Prueba el Nuevo Correo
> Srinivas : <a href="http://wso2.com/blogs/">http://wso2.com/blogs/</a>
attachments<br>are from Cerner Corporation and are intended<br>only for the addressee.
The information<br>contained in this message is confidential and<br> may constitute
inside or non-public information<br>under international, federal, or state<br>securities
laws. Unauthorized forwarding,<br>printing, copying, distribution, or use of such<br>information
is strictly prohibited and may be <br>unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please<br>promptly
call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas<br>City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.