axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Parikh,Pratik" <Pratik.Par...@cerner.com>
Subject RE: GCJ
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:25:05 GMT

Hi Everyone,

   I do agree with "I wouldn't recommend it without some fairly thorough testing, but the
technology there is maturing quite rapidly". And that is one of the reason I don't recommend
GCJ being used. I don't want you guys to write bunch of code around it and then have problem
porting it to java 5.

Thanks,
Parikh, Pratik | Software Engineer | Cerner Corporation | (1)-816-201-1298 | pratik.parikh@cerner.com
| www.cerner.com

-----Original Message-----
From: TEIXOEIRA@terra.es [mailto:TEIXOEIRA@terra.es]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:18 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: GCJ

I don't know ... I tryed to run a test client I developed using eclipse with axis (pretty
easy). It worked over Sun's stuf but when it came to compile it with GCJ I started to find
problems regarding the javax.activation package, which isn't included in gcjlib/classpath
project and, also, refers to awt (incomplete in gcjlib/classpath).
Ok, I'm new to axis but, what's the point in using Sun's javax.activation??
Dims, as I'm new to axis (and web services) I don't think I can help much with this issue
although I may give it a try.

Thanks!

----Mensaje original----<br>