axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ruchith Fernando <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Dispatch order
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:03:09 GMT
Hi All,

Axis2 default dispatching order is now changed to the following :

RequestURIBasedDispatcher
SOAPActionBasedDispatcher
AddressingBasedDispatcher
SOAPMessageBodyBasedDispatcher

The motivation behind this change is to insert the security-IN-flow
handler after the SOAPActionBasedDispatcher. This will enable us to
configure security parameters on a per operation basis. (Assumption:
BOTH service AND operation dispatch will be complete after the
SOAPActionBasedDispatcher).

Example use case: When messages are secured with WS-Sec most of the
time all the headers will be signed (including the WSA headers) . In
such a situation IMHO we should not read any of those headers until we
verify the signature. Now to verify signature we need to get the
security parameters of that service/operation which requires the
service/operation to be found(dispatched).

Ideally we need to have a separate dispatch phase where we list all
the transport based dispatchers ('transportBasedDispatch' phase). This
transportBasedDispatch phase can include any dispatcher that will work
on the information from the underlying transport and WITHOUT reading
the SOAP Envelope. Now we can introduce a new phase "Security" right
AFTER transportBasedDispatch, where the security-in-handler will
reside.

Thoughts & Comments?

Thanks,
Ruchith