axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Martini <tommaso.mart...@email.it>
Subject Parameters order in Axis generated code
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:04:00 GMT
Hi everyone,

as you reported on http://ws.apache.org/axis/bugs.html, I send this to the
developer mailing list (I already tried the user list but got no answer).

I use Axis 1.3 (Java version) and I find it great! Anyway I noticed a particular
behavior and I would like to know whether it is a feature or a bug.

I develop web service in a bottom-up approach, so I write the implementation
class (let's call them "starting classes" for sake of simplicity) and then I use
first Java2WSDL to get the wsdl file and then WSDL2Java to get the deployable
classes. In the generated classes, however, methods parameters are not
necessarily in the same order I wrote them in the starting classes, they get
inserted in alphabetical order.

This caused me a lot of debugging in the past few days, as I didn't know it.
I have not found information on that, maybe I missed something in the doc? If
so, can someone direct me to the right section?

Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to control the order of parameters in
the generated methods?

Thank in advance for the help and for your great work.

Tommaso Martini

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori
autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi, clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2911&d=25-1