axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] move axiom to ws-commons
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:15:21 GMT
Hello everyone,

sorry for the late reply !!

On 1/31/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 13:50 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > I've reviewed the code in question, there are exactly 2 files in
> > policy project that uses axiom namely
> >
> > - OMPolicyReader : OMPolicyReader is loaded on demand (using a class
> > loader) from PolicyFactory.java. So moving it to axis2 core should not
> > be a problem.
> > - PolicyAttachmentUtil : PolicyAttachmentUtil is not even referenced
> > from any other files in policy project. So there should not be a
> > problem moving it to axis2 core.
> >
> > So, we don't have to do this right now. IMHO, We can defer this
> > surgery for later.
>
> But this is the wrong thing to do from the point of view of the policy
> model project.

yes, I agree with Sanjiva. OMPolicyReader and DOMPolicyReader have the
same basic functionality of building a Policy object from a policy
document. OMPolicyReader uses AXIOM as the  way of processing XML
document whereas DOMPolicyReader uses DOM as the way of processing
XML.

I feel that it will be great if we can make AXIOM available
independent of Axis2 , to any one as a fast , efficient way of
processing XML.

Best,
Sanka