axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Keep it simple
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:37:28 GMT
Folks,

I've checked in a few changes to generated code and wanted to give you
all an update. With the current SVN, here's what you can do.

1. Add the axis2 jar and all dependent jars to CLASSPATH
    HINT: if you run "maven create-lib" it will create a directory
target/lib with all the dependency jars

2. Run WSDL2Java against say the perf.wsdl in SVN
    HINT: I use "java org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java -d adb -o work
-s -p samples.perf -t -ss -sd -uri
\APACHE\axis2\modules\samples\wsdl\perf.wsdl", this will create all
the generated code under a new directory named work.

3. Drop perf.wsdl into the work/resources directory.

4. Edit the server and the client
    HINT: work\src\samples\perf\PerfPortTypeSkeleton.java is the
server, work\test\samples\perf\PerfPortTypeTest.java is the client

5. CD to work and run "ant start.server"
    HINT: point your browser to http://localhost:8080/, it will
redirect you to http://localhost:8080/axis2/services. You can click on
the service name and look at the WSDL to make sure it's the same you
dropped in step #3.

6. open another prompt, set the classpath (see #1) and run "ant run.test"
    HINT: this will use junit to run the test case, output will be in
work/build/test-reports

That's it folks, You have your first service and client working with
each other :)

Thanks,
dims

PS: use "ant clean" to start fresh, it cleans up all the build artifacts
PPS: If you wish you can edit the stub or test case to edit the port
and then use tcpmon to look at the messages.