axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "TEIXOEIRA@terra.es" <TEIXOE...@terra.es>
Subject Re: GCJ
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:17:41 GMT
I don't know ... I tryed to run a test client I developed using eclipse with axis (pretty easy).
It worked over Sun's stuf but when it came
to compile it with GCJ I started to find problems regarding the javax.activation package,
which isn't included in gcjlib/classpath project
and, also, refers to awt (incomplete in gcjlib/classpath).
Ok, I'm new to axis but, what's the point in using Sun's javax.activation??
Dims, as I'm new to axis (and web services) I don't think I can help much with this issue
although I may give it a try.

Thanks!

----Mensaje original----<br>
De: jsight@gmail.com<br>
Recibido: 10/01/2006 21:10<br>
Para: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org><br>
Asunto: Re:
GCJ<br>
I don't know about GCJ and the server functionality specifically, but the client code works
nicely with GNU Classpath 0.19
(tested under IKVM).&nbsp; I would suspect that most of Axis would work nicely as well.<br><br>I
wouldn't recommend it without some fairly
thorough testing, but the technology there is maturing quite rapidly.
1/10/06, <b class="gmail_sendername">Parikh,Pratik</b>
<<a href="mailto:Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com">
Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com</a>> wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="border-left:
1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>Hi
Dims,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; I would not recommend using
gcj? Since there is no support for it, and it is not perfect!

(1)-816-201-1298 | <a href="mailto:pratik.parikh@cerner.com">pratik.parikh@cerner.com</a>
com</a><br>
href="mailto:davanum@gmail.com">davanum@gmail.com</a>]
</a>; <a href="mailto:
yet. Can you please help us do it?<br><br>thanks,
</a> <<a href="mailto:TEIXOEIRA@terra.es"
Are there any initiatives to port axis to gcjlib? Did someone manage<br>> to
compile axis with gcj? And, if so, where can I find these libs?
el Nuevo Correo Terra;
Srinivas : <a href="http://wso2.com/blogs/">http://wso2.com/blogs/</a>
attachments<br>are from Cerner Corporation and are intended<br>only for
the addressee. The information<br>contained in this message is confidential and<br>
may constitute inside or non-public
information<br>under international, federal, or state<br>securities laws. Unauthorized
forwarding,<br>printing, copying, distribution, or
use of such<br>information is strictly prohibited and may be
message and notify the<br>sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you<br>may
call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas<br>City, Missouri,
U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, Rápido, Fiable.