axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: integrating wsa into core axis
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:47:52 GMT
Hi Dug,

This sounds like a major re-arch of Axis 1.x. Do you see this being part
of Axis 1.(x+1) or more say Axis1 2.0?

>>From a project perspective, its perfectly fine and healthy to have
multiple versions of a major project going (proof: HTTPD and Tomcat) but
it does require a serious committment to keep this going. I'm curious
whether the other regulars also feel this is the right thing to do:
Glen/Dims/Tom/Steve/?.

Of course, as a committer you are free to do this and push things out,
but you'd have to be in it for the long run to make it work .. I guess
that's more a PMC issue than anything else.

Sanjiva.