axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [VOTE] Axis2 Packaging Proposal
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:34:57 GMT
On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 21:49 +1300, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> Hi Eran,
>
> I'd really prefer to see ADB kept out of the axis2-xxx.jar. This is
> partially to keep the size to a minimum, but also to make sure there
> aren't any improper ties to the ADB code. Is there any reason it can't
> be kept a separate jar, like the other data binding alternatives?

Good point- how about we keep it as a separate jar, but include it in
the minimal distribution as well? We did ADB as a way to have some
default data binding and so having it around would support that pattern.
However, keeping it as a separate maven module and jar enforces that we
don't take any shortcuts.

In any case, I proposed that we continue to fully support XMLBeans data
binding as well because ADB does not handle all of XSD in any case. Once
other data binders are available (JibX?) we should treat them the same
way.

Sanjiva.