axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: integrating wsa into core axis
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 03:05:08 GMT
Hi Dug,

When we design Axis2 we consider these two problems (WS-Addressing and Async Support) as core
problems in Axis and the solution we came up was to split the send  and receive  paths in
a message flow. This mechanism works fine and Axis2 is able to support all the messaging scenarios
including fully asynchronous case (where a separate listener is required in the client side)

So just wanted to know, whether the changes you mentioned are similar to the above for Axis?

Thanks,

Jaliya
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doug Davis
  To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:01 PM
  Subject: integrating wsa into core axis

  axis-dev'ers - I'd like take some axis changes I have and commit them. The
  first round of stuff focuses on splitting the axis engines so that it can
  more easily deal with async messages.  In particular, in the stuff I'd
  like to commit soon (asap) it splits the client-side engine apart so that
  the two sides of the chains can be invoked separately.  This, in
  conjunction with moving WS-Addressing logic in the base Axis code, allows
  a client to more easily send and receive async messages.  It also allows
  for other technologies, like WS-RM and WS-Security, to be more easily
  plugged-in.  The next set of changes (asap too :-)  would do the same
  thing on the server. One of axis's biggest flaws is its lack of support
  for async messaging - I think these changes will go a long way towards
  fixing that.  Most of the changes don't actually involved new code -
  rather simply moving things around since we still need to do the same
  things, just in a slightly more modular way.    Anyway, I've discussed
  this, off-line, with a couple of axis-dev'ers already and they were in
  favor of it but before I actually did it I wanted to make sure there
  wasn't any huge objection to it.  For the most part, if you don't turn on
  the WS-Addr support then nothing should really change - and there's no
  harm - but if you believe WS-Addr will be core to soap (as I do) then
  having native support for it will benefit axis's customers.
  thanks,
  -Doug