axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Transport independent Session Mgt [Proposal]
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:25:30 GMT
Hi Srinath and all;

Well , in the very first request you do not need to send anything , since
server is the one who know about the session and who creates sessions , as
an example client does not know in which session scope the service has
deployed. Say that service is deploy in request scope and user send some
reference parameters in the second request , in that case user does not get
any session stuff.

Back to the topic :)
After the second request in axis2 if the service is deploy in soap session
or application session then server response with serviceGroupID (I really
like to rename that to sessionID) as reference parameters in the wsa:replyTo
headers, so its up to the client to send that back to server in the next
request if he think that he want to manage session. If server wants to
manage sessions and if user does not send the reference parameters then
server might throw exceptions.

I am very happy with our current client approach , there user can say
options.setManageSession(true); , then if server send any reference
parameters then those will be stored in the ServiceContext and , when user
send next request those reference parameters will be send automatically.

And if some one wants to manage sessions across several serviceClient he can
also do that (use case : in the stub case , for each stub it has its own
ServiceClient in it , so if some one want to manage session across several
stub , if they are in same service group) , the way is after you creating
service client you can set its targetEPR , and that will set that as
ServiceConetxt target EPR , and if you set manage session to true then when
you send any  request to server all those reference parameters will be send
, and when its get the response back target EPR will be updated to new .

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~