axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] WSDL2Java rpc/literal still broke
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 05:57:38 GMT
Yep, I will Chathura :)
Support for rpc/encoded is somewhat tricky, trickiest part being supporting
all the SOAPenc rules. Our current consensus is to NOT support the whole set
of encoding rules.
However 90% of the time the rpc/encoded WSDL's only contain simple encodiing
rules which closely match with the rpc/literal rules. What we plan to do is
to process the rpc/encoded WSDL as a rpc/lit WSDL if the rpc/encoded WSDL
does not utilize any obscure soap encoding rules (such as SOAPenc array),
which we believe would work in the 90% case.

All are welcome to comment on this

On 12/29/05, Chathura Herath <> wrote:
> Its on its way. I am sure Ajith would give a better answer of the ETA.
> Thanks
> Chathura
> On 12/28/05, local-underground <> wrote:
> > Actually, sorry.  It is broke because the WSDL is a rpc/encoded.  Is
> there support for
> > rpc/encoded yet, if not when will that be available.
> >
> > thanks

Ajith Ranabahu

View raw message