axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] classloader issues/possible enhancements
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:01:28 GMT
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:11 -0500, Tony Dean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking at several things that can be improved here.
>
> *	I am experiencing loading problems with both the exploded
>  model and archive model (.aar file).
>
> ArchiveFileData will need to be changed so that both exploded and
>  archive model use the DeploymentClassLoader in order to take advantage
>  of this classloading feature.

+1 for this; please submit a patch! :)

> *	Archive model does not find resources embedded with jars
>  (lib/*.jar) within the .aar file.
>
> This is the problem that I reported last week.  I have looked into this
>  problem a little.  It seems like an easy fix, but I do not think it's
>  possible to create a URL that represents a resource in a jar which
>  itself is contained in a jar.  The only way that I know how to deal
>  with this problem is to automatically explode these jars during
>  deployment.  For instance,

Deepal, I thought you mentioned that this was already working .. can you
please clarify the status?

> /services
>   myWebservice.aar (file)
>
> would get exploded as
>
> /services
>   myWebservice.aar (file)
>   myWebservice.aar (directory)
>     /lib
>       *.jar - all jars contained in myWebservice.aar (/lib)
>
> Then I could add myWebService.aar and its dependent jars (/lib/*.jar)
>  to the URL classloader classpath.

I'm not a fan of always exploding because that makes assumptions about
the form of the repository. It is feasible that the repo is in fact a
database .. in that case we can't do directory explosion as easily.

I'd like to push a bit more and see whether we can get it to work right
first before taking such a binding step.

Sanjiva.