axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Removing AxisConfiguration
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:17:20 GMT
On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 09:58 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> +1
>
> I would like to suggest some more changes to config. At the moment you
> can either use a filesystem based Axis2.xml or accept the default. As
> far as I can tell cannot provide your own Axis2.xml in a JAR file (for
> example).
>
> So I thought I'd take the approach of using the default and then
> modify it to suit my needs. But you can't DISENGAGE modules, so that
> didn't work either :-(
>
> So I'd like the ability to disengage modules, and also to provide the
> Axis2.XML as a Stream.

Paul, it turns out you can just new ConfigurationContext() and create
your own entire universe ignoring Axis2's default or built-in behavior
totally. The factory doesn't have a method for it but Deepal confirmed
that the factory is not needed. I'll add a method to the factory to
create a simple/clean CC to make clear that that's possible too.

Sanjiva.