axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Default Message Receivers
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:59:06 GMT
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:12 +0600, Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>> Hi all;
>>
>> I came up with the following way of specifying default message
>> receivers it can be either or both in axis2.xml and services.xml.
>> Service can override global Message receivers by adding the same
>> element in services.xml.
>>   <messageReceivers>
>>         <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
>>
>> class="org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOnlyMessageReceiver"/>
>>         <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
>>
>> class="org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver"/>
>>     </messageReceivers>
>
> +1!
>
>> So at the deployment time if there is an operation without a
>> MessageReciver specified for that and have the MEP specified then
>> depending on the mep correct default message receiver will be
>> selected.
>
> Do I understand correctly that if I want to use a custom message
> receiver for a specific operation I can do:
>
> <service>
>  <operation name="foo">
>    <messageReceiver mep="xx" class="yy"/>
>  </operation>
> </service>
   yes you can do that way, I give the higher precedence to operation
message receiver , and set a default message receiver only if operation dose
not specify a message receiver.

> If so cool! If not, um, why not? :)
>
>> If operation have not indicate the MEP , then the default mep will be
>> in-out
>
> I don't see how an operation will not specify a MEP with our deployment
> model: either you have a WSDL or we manufacture one for you. If we
> manufacture from Java code we know the MEP: In-Out. Is that what you
> meant?

 yes , from Java code I know the MEP, but if the WSDL is not there in
archive file what I do is first create a AxisService using services.xml and
then get its serviceClass parameter and using that class generate Schema and
fill Axis* , therefore in that case if the user does not specify the MEP in
operation tag of service.xml I assume that as in-out.