axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2-0.93-dev
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:49:19 GMT
On 11/19/05, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Well, isn't that one of the things we want. For example, when Synapse or
> Sandesha2 depends on Axis2 and they want to get the latest jar. I think
> thats the best.
> We can have a nightly buid mechanism and make it available via maven.

+1

AFAIK maven now (not sure whether it's just maven 2 or whether these changes
are also in later maven 1 release) handles SNAPSHOTs much better than it
did: stuff like automatically timestamping. this magic only works when the
word SNAPSHOT is used (or so i've been told) and so they now recommend
SNAPSHOT (rather than dev). probably worth checking this with the maven
team.

- robert