axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Road Map for next release
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:13:41 GMT

> Ajith / Folks
>
> 1) Please can we do a release ASAP? The core changes (like renaming to
> AxisService) mean that it would be good to have a stable build with these
> in, plus the latest ADB.

+1

IMHO cutting another 0.x release soon seems to be make the most sense. this
gives a chance for ADB to be tested by users in the wild as well as
continuing the momentum.

2) The obvious list of services to support are:

> All of Google, Amazon, Yahoo, XMethods core services (stockquote,
> currency, etc). I would like to see some from strikeiron. Any WSDL interop
> tests. Axis1 samples???
> That would be a good starter set.

good plan but IMHO not a reason to hold up another 0.x release

from reading this thread IMHO the main concern seems to be about managing
the expectation of users about the functionality of ADB in this release.
perhaps we could a few words to the release notes explaining this.

- robert