axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dong Liu <>
Subject Re: [axis2]wsdl and the implementation of a service
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:46:43 GMT
The scenario is the following:

We generate java code based on a wsdl file given by other developer,
and implement the skeleton using OM classes without detailed binding
like XMLBean. Then we can test the service using a client based on the
stub. However, this does not ensure that the client written by other
developers based on the same wsdl. What I can think now is to generate
a testing message case based on the message schema in wsdl file, and
test the service by sending the message using some ant script. Maybe
this message and/or other similar messages are good place to start for

On 11/28/05, Sanjiva Weerawarana <> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:27 -0600, Dong Liu wrote:
> > Hi, developers,
> >
> > If there is a wsdl file for a service, how to check whether the wsdl
> > file is consistent with its implementation on the server side? This
> > problem is trivial for the wsdl's generated from the java code, but it
> > is not for top-down development approaches.  Any ideas?
> Hmmm isn't that pretty impossible in general? I'm not even sure how
> you'd check for any case .. if the service is implemented using a
> non-data bound approach for example its not really practical to go look
> and validate the schemas. Maybe that's what you're suggesting - that
> Axis have a way to validate?
> Sanjiva.

View raw message