axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Deployment packaging
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:20:15 GMT

Just tried it and it appears to work... at least partly.

- I add classes to exploded/classes/ but they were NOT successfully loaded by the classloader
- However, I then jar'ed up the classes and added the jar to exploded/lib/ and the classes
in the jar were successfully loaded

so 1 out of 2...

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas []
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Deployment packaging

there is some support for "exploded' directories:

Maybe we should spiff it up and make sure it covers your case. Please experiment a bt and
JIRA's are welcome.

On 11/22/05, Tony Dean <> wrote:
> Steve,
> So you place all your jars in axis2/WEB-INF/lib?  Is it ok to redistribute an updated
axis2.war with my jars included?
> Thanks.
that spans multiple jars?  Essentially, to create an Axis2 web service endpoint, you must
create a single jar with the following contents:
> > meta-inf/services.xml
> > meta-inf/services.wsdl
> > MyWebServicePortTypeSkeleton.class
> >
> I actually create .aar files with no .class in them, just the declaration, and make sure
the real classes are in the same webapp.
>  > My concern is making other dependent jars available on the
> classpath and doing so without affecting other applications.
> remember, each webapp has its own classpath in WEB-INF/lib; anything
> goes in there is private and webapp-wide.

Davanum Srinivas :

View raw message