axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Deployment packaging
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:51:02 GMT
Steve,

So you place all your jars in axis2/WEB-INF/lib?  Is it ok to redistribute an updated axis2.war
with my jars included?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:39 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Deployment packaging

Tony Dean wrote:
> What is the Axis2 best practice for packaging a complex web service application that
spans multiple jars?  Essentially, to create an Axis2 web service endpoint, you must create
a single jar with the following contents:
> meta-inf/services.xml
> meta-inf/services.wsdl
> MyWebServicePortTypeSkeleton.class

I actually create .aar files with no .class in them, just the declaration, and make sure the
real classes are in the same webapp.

 > My concern is making other dependent jars available on the classpath
and doing so without affecting other applications.

remember, each webapp has its own classpath in WEB-INF/lib; anything
goes in there is private and webapp-wide.