axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] proposal for client API refactoring
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:42:08 GMT
On 11/29/05, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:

> I think the preferred way is to write a Client extending from MEPClient.
> But I don't think it should come in to Axis2.
>
> -- EC

Why don't you think it should come from Axis2? From Synapse POV, I would
like the only APIs I use from Axis2 to be the published APIs of Axis2. At
the moment I am using all sorts of cool stuff from inside Axis2. Which means
when you change it, Synapse will complain. If Synapse sticks to APIs only
and not internals, then this won't be a problem.

Another way of looking at this - Synapse is a user of Axis2. If a user
really needs this (and in this case is willing to help write it) why
wouldn't you want to support that user?

I don't think this is such an unusual use case that it wouldn't be useful
for other users.

Paul