axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Road Map for next release
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:03:06 GMT
Ajith / Folks

1) Please can we do a release ASAP? The core changes (like renaming to
AxisService) mean that it would be good to have a stable build with these
in, plus the latest ADB.

2) The obvious list of services to support are:

All of Google, Amazon, Yahoo, XMethods core services (stockquote, currency,
etc). I would like to see some from strikeiron. Any WSDL interop tests.
Axis1 samples???
That would be a good starter set.

Paul

On 11/6/05, Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> It's partly my fault that ADB did not get tested with Amazon or Google or
> any other widely used WSDLs. However ADB does not understand SOAP encoding
> (!) and the Google service cannot be directly codegned. One other limitation
> of ADB is that it does not support imports (yet) which I intend to fix
> before the end of this indigo plugfest (with the hope of using ADB for
> Indigo interoperability as well)
> In the mean time anyone is welcome to write test cases for testing the ADB
> stuff. I've already written some reflection based tests (these tests have to
> be reflection based since the code generates during the build!) and are in
> the org.apache.axis2.databinding.schema.populate package in the test
> folder of the codegen module.
> te:
> >
> > On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 13:34 -0500, Tom Jordahl wrote
> >
> > > What I would hope is that ADB can be used with a typical WSDL found in
> > > the wild – UDDI, Amazon.com <http://Amazon.com>, Google, etc, etc.
If