axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] Feedback from an Axis2 session
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:28:23 GMT
There was a conference on Java, Apache and XML in Germany last week.

One of my friends has conducted a session on Axis2 and lot of people
were very much interested on Axis2. I just wanted to draw your attention
to one of the questions that was raised during that session.

"One of the attendees asked me to forward a comment to the developers of
Axis2. He would like to ask
you to take care of the J2EE compliance of Axis 2. Apparently he
experienced a lot of problems with Axis 1
because it doesn't seem to care much about J2EE compliance.  For
example, Axis 1 starts new threads or accesses the file
system directly. Anyway, you might want to keep this issue in mind. "

This is an interesting question. We do not create threads, except in the
case of async invocations.

How abt file accessing. I think Deepal will work on a model which
abstract the configuration extraction from files. Current implementation
is using some xml files to load the config information.

Thoughts, Comments on this ... ??

Chinthaka