axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] In searching for a place for DOM impl
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:47:31 GMT
Hi all,

As you know Ruchith is doing an implementation of DOM on OM. We have a
small problem in keeping this implementation.

(ns:module= maven module)

It was in the XML module for some time, but later moved to SAAJ module
to resolve a problem with JDK 1.5. But I feel like the DOM impl do not
belong to neither XML module nor SAAJ module.
I think I don't need to explain why it doesn't belong to SAAJ module. If
we put that in SAAJ, it will create a cyclic dependecy as well. And for
XML module, I'd like to have it clean only with the current stuff. I
think DOM impl should not come *in to* that module.
So the option left is to have a new and separate module for DOM
implementation. Its better to settle with something as I know Ruchith is
having an unnecessary headache due to this.
What do you all think ? I like to DOM impl, a separate module, so that
people who need that can use it, whilst others can discard it.

-- Chinthaka